Saturday, April 12, 2014

Meet the Parents!

Perfect.  Loving. Laid Back. Respectful. Caring.  Just a few words that come to mind when I think about these parents.  They have a wonderful love and admiration for each other.  They want what is best for there children.  They have one child already that the mother was able to carry on her own, but almost died at the end of her pregnancy/delivery (I honestly don't know the story) and so she can not have anymore of her own children.

What this means though is that she has already gone through her own pregnancy and been able to be in complete control of it. How much she rested, exercised, what she ate, what medications she consumed, what test she did or did not want done.  Along with not having extra ultrasounds other than the one at 20 wks.  There really is not enough information out there to determine what effects ultrasounds have on babies. We know that they do cause a stream of high-frequency sounds waves and baby's maybe feeling vibrations or heat. Most babies don't like them and will cover there faces almost trying to block out the ultrasound or hid from them.  So they discussed how once they became pregnant, they changed the way they took care of their bodies, knowing how it would affect their child.  She did have a lovely pregnancy and was hoping to find a surrogate with an open mind to eating well for their child, not taking routine medications at the first sign or a cold or headache but to find a more natural approach and be willing to try that first. I am completely open to trying this and may find something more natural for myself to use.  I already use a netipot when I have a cold instead of cold medicine and have found it to be extremely helpful.

Anyhow back to the meeting...  It took us a lot longer to get there then expected and so we ended up being late, which neither of us like... but they understood and were grateful we were willing to drive to them.  We met at a lovely Hotel and actually chatted in the Lobby area for our meeting.  They showed Bryan a picture of their child ~ adorable! And asked Bryan how he felt about it all.  He explained that he is 100% supportive of what I want to do and knows my passion for pregnancy and birth. After all, I am a Bradley Childbirth Educator and will be working to be a doula as my girls are older.  I LOVE all things birth!! The Father said he understood and lives the rule "Happy Wife = Happy Life".

 They talked about how they chose to stay healthy during their pregnancy and why.  She asked me questions about any complications I have during my pregnancies, sickness I experience or anything else.  I have very healthy pregnancies with only slight nausea in the beginning.  Yes I am blessed. After that the Father had to return to work (it was a Friday afternoon) but the Mother stayed and chatted with us for a bit longer.  We talked about what we will have to go through to get the process started. Medical screenings and what not, all the meds we have to take before IVF.  She wants to do a fresh cycle as opposed to a frozen cycle. She said she wasn't sure how many times I am willing to do this and I told her that when I signed up I was committed to trying it 3 times before having to re-evaluate.  But I don't think it will take 3 times to become pregnant.  I have a good feeling that it will happen on the first try!  I read another surrogates blog and she talks about being positive and how she has carried 4 times and every time it worked on the first try.  So I plan on doing the same.  After that she treated us to lunch.  At this hotel, there is a small restaurant on the rooftop and it was a lovely day out.  In the upper 70's with a slight breeze.  She wasn't able to stay with us for lunch which was a disappointment, but it gave Bryan and I an opportunity to eat in peace and quiet and enjoy each others company.  Usually we have out two little ones and so eating is never a dull moment.  It was a mini vacation!  I phoned her later that night and let her know how much we appreciated that.

I am excited to see what the next step will be.  I know Monday I will be calling the doctors to have my IUD removed so my body can get back on cycle and get ready to grow a baby!

1 comment: