Saturday, April 5, 2014

....Oh, here it is!!!

My blog!  I have completely forgotten all about you.  I am so sorry and will try to be better about keeping things current.

It's been 6 months since I first started this and for the first 5 months not a whole lot had happened.  Then one night while checking FB (Facebook) I came a cross a post by a Doula sister that I know who has been a surrogate in the past.  I asked her about a good agency to use because I don't think my agency has anyone to match me with.  She responded back letting me know that there is an agency who is currently looking for a natural minded surro.  Someone who doesn't want induction, and I got so excited!  That is right up my alley!!
Now I know things like induction can be good if medically necessary (and no I am not talking about baby being to big to fit through your pelvis) but I really don't want to ever have to be induced again.  I was with my last daughter and well, that is a story for another time.
She sent me the agency's information and I immediately contacted them.  I had a wonderful conversation with the woman there and actually could feel my adrenalin rushing though with the thought of being able to be matched up.  After all I started looking in to this back in August and here it was end of March.  No, it doesn't normally take this long but I was still breastfeeding Penny and the time and wanted to make it to her first birthday, which passed March 18th.  So I knew I had time but was getting ancy! I get baby fever as my little one was nearing her first birthday, transitioning from baby to toddler.  I am just not ready for her to be growing up so fast!  The agency sent me their information and a profile to fill out which I did that night.  After sending it over I was giving the profile to this lovely couple who are looking for a natural minded surrogate.  I told the agency that I was very interested in speaking with them and she told me they felt the same, so a phone conversation was set up. At first it was awkward, I didn't know what to say, but we just started talking and I told myself to relax and just be me. We had a nice conversation and have a lot of similar values.  The next step was getting to meet with her and the women from the agency.

*First Date*

I was so excited and nervous.  I felt like I had been asked out on my very first date and wanted to impress her.  I made sure to pick out my outfit the night before and even do my hair. Which when having two little ones, ages 2 and 1, doesn't happen very often.  (I wash it, just drying and curling is a 2 hour event in it's self) I got my sitter lined up and off I went.  We met at a local coffee shop and had wonderful conversation full of laughter and tears of joy.  She is a beautiful women and I feel very lucky that I met her.  She really wants a very natural pregnancy as well as birth.  So cutting out all the coffee, soda, fast food, processed food and other things that really are not good for us.  Luckily in our family we have already talked about doing this, but this will really help us to make it happen.  She also asked that I be open to natural remedies to illness before taking medicine.  So no Tylenol for headaches or cold meds for a cold.  I am completely open to finding other natural ways to cure these things first.  The next step is for us to meet with her and her husband.  We should be doing this by next weekend!  If they decided they like us, and we like them, we can move forward!!   I am still so excited to be at this part of the process and really hoping things continue to move smoothly.








No comments:

Post a Comment