Saturday, August 23, 2014

Amazing!

I was so nervous to meet my IPs. I was really excited to meet my IM in person, but still very nervous. When I got to the house they were staying at, my heart was racing and I had butterflies in my belly. When she open the door she had the biggest smile on her face! She reached out and have me a huge hug!  She was lovely. Her wonderful personality and excitement came shining through. I met the IF as well and he is a very nice gentleman. We went to lunch at a nice restaurant close by. They shared with me what they have been through and how they came to surrogacy.  My IM had been through a lot. Several miscarriages and even loss both her fallopian tubes. She has tried IVF but can't stay pregnant. Her husband is amazingly supportive. He knew in her heart her life would not be complete without having children of her own. He has two older boys from his first marriage but he knows they can not fill the spot in her heart, even though she loves them a great deal. They are very talkative and have a good relationship with each other and it was nice to see them together. My IM also told me all she has been through with the surrogacy too. She almost gave up. They had to choose an egg donor and the first one they selected was turned down by the clinic. This was due to not being able to know the donors family history. Her father was adopted and they had no records of his past genetics. So they had to search for another which is not a small feet when you think about what you are looking for! Someone who looks like you, and has characteristics that you would want in your own children.  She finally found a donor and then they were matched up with a surrogate. It wasn't me. They actually had another surrogate and were in the process of starting meds when the surrogate had to back out for some reason. If course my IM was crushed! They meet a couple other surros but they weren't connecting with them. They had actually called the agency and said they were going to stop and not move forward. They were emotional exhausted. My agency told them about me and asked that they give me a look and talk to me first. Luckily for both of us my IM liked what she saw and we had a good conversation on the phone. So here we are! But it's crazy to think that they almost didn't have there dream realized. I am so glad that I got to meet them in person and especially my IM! She is more lovely in person then on the phone.
At the end of our meeting my IM gave me a good luck charm to wear. I keep it on at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment