Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Numbers please

When a Dr wants to know if your pregnant he will request a blood test. This will show him the level of your HCG hormone. The Hcg is a hormone your body produces when you are pregnant. Some people have really high numbers some people have really low numbers but there's a medium where your numbers should be depending on how far along you are. In the beginning they start off pretty low continue to rise every 48 hours.
So on Monday August 4th (14dp 6dt) I had my blood drawn. I expected my numbers to be around 3000 for where I was at in my pregnancy. I had looked up what the medium range was for a twin pregnancy and 3000 was the number to meet. The doctor called me in the afternoon and told me My number was 6526! That is crazy high! I got to speak with my IM to let her know that we are pregnant! And with those numbers I'm thinking twins! She was nervously excited! We will be meeting this Saturday for the first time and I am so excited to see her being pregnant! *I'm tearing up right now thinking about it *
My doctor asked me to have another blood test on Wednesday to see the number and make sure it is increasing well. The hcg should double every 48 hours. So I had my blood drawn again today Wednesday August 6 (16dp 6dt) and my numbers were 15605! That is a doubling rate of 38 hours! Meaning my hcg is increasing fast! Which is good but I'm nervous. Sometimes eggs can split and twins turn into triplets. Several people have joked about that and I really hope they are wrong! I'm fine with twins but triplets are extremely high risk for both the babies and me. I want to have a safe, happy pregnancy and delivery. I want these girls to meet their parents without having any complications. I want the first days of there precious life to be full of love, snuggles, happy tears and kisses. My heart wants to leap out of my chest it's so full of joy!
My ultrasound is the 18th and I am super excited and nervous about it. I'm sure it will all be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment