Friday, January 30, 2015

30 weeks

I've made it to 30 weeks! So excited to finally be here. In a normal pregnancy I would think I still have another 10 to 12 weeks left . But with twins you just never know.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday and they did an ultrasound and my NST testing. The NST checks baby's heart rate and also to see if you're having any contractions. The ultrasound is just to look at the fluid around baby's, make sure they have enough, and check my cervix to make sure it's staying long and not thinning out. If your cervix thins out too much, it can put you into preterm labor; not something we want. My NST came out good. Both girls had great heartbeat and were busy and active. I also had no contractions, which is great because earlier in the week I had a lot.
My ultrasound showed the girls have lots of fluid around them which is important to keeping them warm and not compressing on their body or cord, compromising the oxygen they're getting . However my cervix did get shorter. It went from a 4.2 last week to a 2.8 this week. Anything above a 3 is what they want. My doctor told me I need to be on pelvic rest at this point just to make sure the girls stay put and we keep them growing. So no cleaning, no lifting and I need to keep my feet up as much as possible. He did say that if my contractions act up again, a glass of wine will help them calm down. Hey doctor's orders! Ha ha ha. I let the girls mom know and she said that is fine if needed. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but of course now that I can have some, I have no desire.

Lucky, I got some extra help for my daughter's and house so that they can still run and play and I can rest. And my house doesn't look like a bomb went off.

My goal is to make it to March. I will be 35 week's the first week of March and the girls will be much bigger, healthier and need little to no NICU time. It may not seem like a big deal, but I know a lot of other surrogates who have had the babies at 31/32 weeks. Currently one of them, who's due date is only 3 days before me, her water broke about 4 hours ago. No contractions, so it's hospital bed rest until the babies arrive. She is hoping to make it another 3 weeks. Makes me so nervous!

Tomorrow, I will be doing a lot of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment